Cache problem

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I have a cache? related problem. Have a website with mobile pack installed on it. When I navigate (in internet explorer 8, or iphone safari) from "real web" to mobile web, then back to website, some images aren't displayed (marked as X in IE8 or ? in mobile safari). When I try to navigate to the image I get this stack trace:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.Labs.MobilePack.Core.Helpers.ImageHelper.CacheImageExists(String fileName) +230
   EPiServer.Labs.MobilePack.Core.Helpers.ImageHelper.ResizeImage(String imageVirtualPath, String widthFromClient) +445
   EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModule.HttpUrlRewriteToInternal(UrlBuilder url) +164
   EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.BeginRequestEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e) +196
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +79
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +251

I am using episerver 6r2 and mobile pack 1.0 (latest update from NuGet).

Any ideas on what could be the issue here?

Developer
Mar 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Could you verify that you have these VPP settings in episerver.config:

<add showInFileManager="false" virtualName="MobilePack" virtualPath="~/MobilePack/" bypassAccessCheck="false" maxVersions="1" name="MobilePack" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" physicalPath="path/to/folder" />

Thanks

Frederik

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Were looking to deploy mobile pack but our site uses an extra layer of caching/traffic management? I'm not sure whether this extra layer of caching will cause the Visitor Groups to only be checked for the 1st person to visit a page? any suggestions welcome

May 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM

in the <mobilepack tag, the attribute disableServerImageResizing was set to true, I changed it to false, and it worked good.